Book Reviewing
On a trip to the bookstore the other day, I saw that the Ragin Cajun (James Carville) has yet another book out decrying the Democrats unwillingness to stand up and fight back. Geezus, James, didn't you see Howard Dean was doing just that back during the Democratic primaries? Carville spent a significant amount of time Dean-bashing, and for what reason, I do not know. But he's blown his credibility me on this "Democrats need to stand up and fight back" crap of his.More interesting is the new book by Matthew Kerbel "Get This Party Started: How Progressives Can Fight Back and Win".

It brings together thirteen leading Beltway and grassroots progressive voices for an integrated discussion of the electoral, message, and organizational strategies that should be pursue to return to power and establish a lasting progressive governing coalition. Howard Dean wrote the forward for the book and Zephyr Teachout adds her voice to this project as well We hope to have Matthew on as a guest at DemocracyChat.com soon. But screw that same old Carville noise.

1 Comments:
I'm very sorry to post this in your comments section but I like your blog and think you may have a good chance of getting listed at our blog directory, "High Class Blogs."
We have way too many conservative blogs right now (they submit constantly) and we need some different perspectives.
Contact me at ethan@highclassblogs.com if you are interested.
Ethan Potter
Post a Comment
<< Home